First, we read an easy reader that gave a basic introduction to dinosaurs:
Then, we practiced our phonics blends using flash cards:
After that, we read an Usborne book that went a little bit more into depth. Then we dropped some dinosaur capsules into a bowl of water to watch them grow!
Next, we played an addition game that I made. I got the idea from a book of math learning centers. Jacob absolutely loved this game and can't wait to play it again tomorrow! Basically, you roll a die, place the number in the box and place that amount of buttons on the dinosaur. Repeat with another die and a different color of buttons. Then count the buttons and place the number in the final square. This is a dark photo and it's hard to see, but there is a "+" and "=" sign between the boxes.
We did a couple of worksheets after that and made a cheesy little diorama. These are from a dinosaur activity book. I'll give more info on it later.
We had to practice writing of course. This is Jake's least favorite thing (mine too). He's gotten really sloppy, so we need to work on it. Funny thing is, when he's writing non-practice stuff on his own, he does so much better. Ugh... frustrating.
I picked up a beautiful dinosaur sticker book at Goodwill last week. I liked it so much, that I actually paid full price because it wasn't the color of the week *gasp*! Full price is only $0.75, but it was well worth it :-)
Jake had fun, playing with our hatched dinosaurs. He had fun watching how much they'd grown in between activities. We have more for tomorrow.
It was a fun day. I'm looking forward to the rest of the week and our trip to the dinosaur museum!





No comments:
Post a Comment