Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Trip to the Aquarium

This week, we continue the EPCOT segment of our Walt Disney World unit.  We're learning about oceans and ocean life, based on The Seas with Nemo and Friends attraction.

What a great excuse for a trip to our favorite aquarium!

Here are the photos:

Jake, eye-to-eye w/ a snake:

 

The group, petting the snake:


Beautiful Starfish:  (love my new camera!)


Tankhood:


Sam, fascinated by the banjo player:



The little guys:

Sam, near the trout:




Sam is walking on a regular basis now.  Thinks he's a big kid:


Jake and Andalen sat forever, watching this duck:


Touch tank:


So cool to pet a stingray:


Crazy kids in the shark cage:


Sammy in awe:




Love the jellies:


Such a fun day.  Can't wait to go back!  

On the way back, we stopped at a place called Popcorn Haven.  YUM!  They have over 100 different kinds of popcorn.  I got white chocolate pretzel, southwest jalapeno and rainbow.  It tasted so fresh and yummy.  They are opening another location closer to my home, yay!  It's a Christian company, so I have to remember that they are closed on Sundays like Chick-fil-a and Hobby Lobby.  Don't y'all find that you always crave Chick-fil-a on a Sunday afternoon?  Anyway, check them out because they ship!


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I love the aquarium with their heads in the middle. My daughter thought that was so cool when we went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm following from the blog hop! :) I love your pictures - looks like you had a great time! I am so excited to keep reading your blog as it seems to focus on everything I'm interested in!! :)

    dreamingmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The starfish and jellyfish are both quite beautiful. Great shots.
    New follower from the Friday Blog Hop.
    Ours + His + Mine = Nine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great trip!! I am following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like the kids had a lot of fun! great trip pictures! I'm your newest follower

    www.canadiancouponmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun! We took our 2 year old to the zoo for the first time a couple of weeks ago and had so much fun...
    I'm a new follower and look forward to keeping up--especially as mine approach school age and we begin the journey of homeschooling.
    http://glutenfreemotherhood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails