I don't have a lot of photos from this week. My camera battery was dead and I kept forgetting to charge it ;) This week in Math, we learned about graphs and how they are pictures that represent numbers. In keeping with our ocean theme, we did an ocean life graph.
Jake first flipped over one of the numbers and then filled in the appropriate amount of boxes with matching pictures of each animal.
To grasp that it's a representation of numbers and not just "count the fish", we switched to using buttons.
We also colored in a graph. This sheet was left over from our rainforest study last week (based on the 'Living with the Land' attraction). It gave us a chance for review.
Notice the vacuum hasn't been put away. Love the things that pop up in the backgrounds of my homeschool photos!
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Hi! I am visiting from the Home Grown Families Friday Blog Hop - I am your newest follower! I am glad I found your blog and look forward to reading about your adventures!
ReplyDeletehttp://homeschoolsuccess.blogspot.com