Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Here a chick, there a chick....

Today we discussed what soil is, how seeds work and how plants grow and thrive. We also learned about farms and farm animals. Here are some highlights:

Roots grow down, and shoots grow UP!!!


Here's our new teak wood table!  It belonged to Melissa's husband's grandmother and it's the first piece of furniture that she purchased.  So this table has history!  We're enjoying it in our school room now, but one day, we ("we" means my husband) will refinish it and it will be BEAUTIFUL!!!  Thanks David and Melissa!


Can't say enough about Dee Walden.  It was such a pleasure to meet her at the Homeschool Expo.  This book (workbook 3) has been such a blessing to us!  As I've written previously, Jake was really struggling with his writing.  This book has completely changed writing time for us!  It has made it SO easy!  ...and Jake loves it!  It is well worth the price ($14.99).  Really... just a few minutes a day has made a world of difference.  If you have a child that is struggling, I urge you to get this book.  I've never seen anything else like it! 


Jake's MeMe got him this awesome magnetic farm book (and a wild animal one) a while back. The book lays out the background and as you read the story, you place the objects and characters as described.  It's great for comprehension, perception and following directions.  The last page is blank for free play.  I've seen these books at Michaels.


Jake loves craft time:


The finished product:


...and the proud creator:


...everywhere a chick chick!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. What a fun blog you have!
    I'm a new follower, will you follow me?
    http://songberries.blogspot.com/2010/10/cornucopia-of-blogs-hop.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails