Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Another Crazy Week

So my parents left Monday and Sam woke with a fever that morning and it went on for the first half of the week.  Needless to say, once again... not a lot of homeschooling has been accomplished this week.  We finally did get to start our Disney unit.  We're way behind now, but we'll catch up (hopefully).

First, we took a look at the U.S. map and found our way from Georgia to Florida.


That's the face of excitement, lol.  Too bad Jake's concept of time is not very accurate.

Then we pulled out our FREE custom maps of Walt Disney World.  We went online a few weeks ago to select what type of maps we wanted and what attractions, restaurants, etc. that we wanted highlighted.  They came in the mail and I hid them until this week. The pics of Jake with those maps came out awful.  Just got a new camera and am still learning.  I'm not used to having a fancy camera with a separate flash ;-)  So forgive these barely acceptable photos I'm posting ;-)

We're working on the Magic Kingdom part of our Disney unit.  We focused on the "It's a Small World" attraction first.  I actually found an old-school Disney book with that very title at Goodwill, so we read that and some other resources on countries and people.  The second verse of the beloved song goes, "there is just one moon and one golden sun and a smile means friendship to everyone."  We talked about how God created all of us and we share the same sun.  So, we made a sun out of Jake's hand prints.  I was so proud that he was able to cut a few of them out on his own!


Here's Jake's beautiful sun!


Then we did some "Mickey Math" using our fingers...


...and animal manipulatives...


My Cricut and Xyron machines have come in very handy for homeschooling.  Love that I still get to be crafty!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. That sun turned out adorable, what a cute project and such a good way to tie into the lesson.

    Thanks so much for joining us for Friendly Friday, have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    New follower from New Friend Friday! I am sooo interested in Homeschooling! I am looking forward to reading your blog!

    xoxoxo
    Lauren
    www.twentysomethinghousewife.com

    Ps. I also host a weekly blog hop! Feel free to link up any time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome room for homeschooling! You have a great site, love the Bible verse!
    So glad you joined in our blog hop at Friendly Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following from Friday Blog Hop...beautiful blog!

    Stop by my blog http://musingsofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey - you have a blog!!! I am so excited! I am going to throw your button up on my blog and blog roll! I love the pic of Jake! I miss you SO much! XOXO
    Love ya!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up! We're following you back.
    I HATE the lack of concept of time. Whats worse is they don't know they lack the consept so they argue with you a lot. The twins are going through it...
    Tiffany @ HGF

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails