Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

We Love Bob!

Got some Bob Books from a yard sale last week.  LOVE THEM!  They are really cute and really simple.  There are just enough words and just enough pages so that my child doesn't get frustrated.  And just as Bob Books promises, Jake was so excited that he read the whole thing.  And he didn't stop at just one... he wanted to keep on reading, so he read 4 of them!


We've read some other phonics readers, but they're just not this good imho.

Also... got to check out a children's consignment pre-sale at a local church.  I had never been to one of those!  I thought it would be too expensive for my uber-cheapness, but a lot of it was very reasonable and I came home with a stroller full of stuff.  Got a Lincoln Log set, 2 books, a shirt for Jake, a bunch of clothes for Sam, a Lego helicopter and this adorable little froggie magnet board!


Oh, and yes... we're still doing Disney stuff, but I believe in child-led learning and if Jake wants to spend more time reading, that's great with me!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails