... of homeschooling. My biggest struggle when I homeschool, is resisting the urge to tell my child to "sit down, shut up and pay attention!" Jake is very busy and full of energy (what 5-year-old boy isn't?). He can be moving, humming and looking everywhere else besides me. But guess what... he's still learning and soaking it all in. So, I'm getting better at ignoring all the distracting activity while I teach. Here's what homeschooling looked like for us this morning:
Jake scored that costume and a light saber for only $0.50 yesterday at a yard sale!
Here's what I got:
Got all these books (mostly hardcover, see?) for $0.25 a piece! Woo-hoo!!! Have a great weekend, everyone!
wow! JJ would LOVE the Darth Vader costume - he is SO into Star Wars now! Great deal on the books! Wish you were still close - would LOVE to go garage sale hoping with you! :)
ReplyDeleteMiss you guys!
XOXO
Just found your blog and had to comment on this post, I laughed when I saw the picture of your son in the Darth Vader suit...lol! I know my kids have recited lessons in weird outfits before, just last week my 6 yo was watching her brother's experiment wearing sunglasses, inside of course. Her siblings thought nothing of it. :)
ReplyDelete