Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Our HomeSchool Room




I feel so blessed to have a room dedicated for homeschooling.  It used to be “mommy’s office”, but now we call it the school room or the learning room.  It was my craft room and I had all my crafty stuff spread all over the place.  It’s amazing how little space I was able to squeeze all my stuff into when I decided to turn this into our homeschool room.  I used to have scrapbooking crops and rubber stamping classes here, so I already had a wonderful table (8’) and chairs and tons of storage (mostly IKEA).

Forgive the pics... still getting used to my fancy-dancy new camera!


Here’s our library.  Most of our books are from Goodwill and yard sales.  Most of our science books are in the left case.  Social Studies/History books are in the tall case on the left, Language Arts, Reading, Math and Misc books are in the tall case on the right and reading books are in the far right case.


There's our board book case.  I picked it up at a yard sale for $4, yippee!  On the left is our little reading corner for Jake and play area for Sam.  They love that sleeping bag! The sideboard cabinets contain all of our puzzles and manipulatives.  The drawers house our paper, cardstock, crayons, coloring books, etc.  Our larger maps, books and puzzles are stored underneath.  


Here's the opposite wall.  There's some homeschool stuff there, but most of it is scrapbooking and paper craft stuff like Xyron, Cricut and Cuttlebug cartridges... which have come in really handy for homeschooling!


Here's my rubber stamping station.  It's one thing that hasn't changed much.  It's my space... my domain.  No touchy touchy!


 Here's my computer station.  A lot of my craft stuff remains, as you can see.  Ignore the V-day decoration I picked up at Goodwill last week for $0.50, lol!  (and the hamster bedding on the floor, lol!)


Wow... this pic came out SO dark, yuck!  It's really much brighter and cheerier.  Anyway, these fabric bins (which are actually more pastel-like than this) are new.  I hide most of our craft supplies and stuff like egg cartons and milk jugs in there.  Also games, flash cards, cleaning supplies, etc.  The drawers have pretty much stayed the same, filled with paper crafting supplies.  The bins on the bottom are filled with toys for Sam.




 Oh, and that's Eva, our classroom pet!  She's a dwarf robo hamster and we love her!

Well, that's about it and my husband is finally home from work (at 9:30 pm).  Glad I finally got to post this.  G'nite, y'all!

Photobucket






1 comment:

  1. Where did you get all the lovely wood and white cabinets/shelves/etc? I LOVE it, and am looking to renovate our basement into a homeschool/craft room.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails