This was prompted by our passion for Walt Disney World and our excitement about our upcoming trip in November! We put together a countdown calendar (see below) and I thought... why not just let our entire learning experience revolve around that excitement and curiosity!?! It was so fun for me to put together, even though it took hours and hours. I'm still adding and tweaking a few things, but we'll be set to go in August and I'll be posting all the details and letting you know if we sink or swim!
For now, I'm preparing my mind and heart for this unit by revisiting a book I've had in my library for a number of years... The Gospel According to Disney by Philip Longfellow Anderson. In the book, Mr. Anderson, a minister and lover of Disney, discusses 'Christian values in the early animated classics'. I plan to simplify what I've read and share it with Jake throughout this unit.
See ya in August!




No comments:
Post a Comment