Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It all adds up!

One benefit of homeschooling is that I don't have to waste time on all the crap that Jake already knows!  And he doesn't have to sit through it, bored to tears.  For instance... I purchased a bunch of math workbooks and most of the kindergarten level books are too easy for him.  He knows how to count, how to compare groups, how to write his numbers, he understands simple patterns, etc.  First, I decided to have him practice writing his numbers.  He got frustrated with it so quickly and had trouble writing most of them.  So we decided to give addition a try.  He took an interest in it, especially when I broke out this Scooby Doo workbook that I purchased at the Dollar Tree (yes!).  And miraculously, he was able to write his numbers just fine!  Oh, and having a cool Iron Man pencil from Target's dollar spot doesn't hurt either!



Yesterday, we used addition puzzle problems that I got from Freecycle about 4 years ago.  I knew they would come in handy one day!


My kid loves math, woo-hoo!  I'll be ready to move on to something else and he'll just want to keep on adding!  Another benefit to homeschooling... fostering and encouraging your child's interests and abilities!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails